Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Some Shower Pictures



Above, my Sister, me and Mom

One of the fun things I did over the weekend was attend a shower thrown for me and Baby by my mom and sister. I was so everwhelmed at the outpouring of love and excitement! It was really quite overwhelming. There were family members of mine and the Hubby's there so it was fun for folks to meet and chat. We received so many wonderful, fun, useful gifts! Now, I am happy to be putting all of the thank you notes in the mail today. And tonite, I continue with more Baby laundry and closet organizing...among some other household chores. I figure if I get exhaused enough, I might actually sleep for more than a 1.5 hour stretch at a time. It's getting to the point where I am just peeing all the time and not able to get or stay comfortable. But, hey, it's just training for all the sleepless nites ahead of us with breastfeeding every 2-3 hours. I am actually amazed at how I am getting used to functioning on so little sleep. I never would have guessed it possible.
My dear friend Val

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Looks like you had a good time. It's fun to see what your mom, sister, and Val look like. :)

Kari Fox said...

Thank you so much for the pictures. I have a friend that is due within days of you and I see her every two weeks - so I kind of know where you at in absentee. LOL She is, however, so much bigger than you, I have been mislead. You look beautiful dear girl. Remember - there does not have to be 2-3 hour feedings or sleepless night, or any of the other "wife's tales". Many baby's sleep almost through the night after birth. Kyle was one of those - so your baby has those genes / cellular memories too. Sending you hugs, and hope I get a chance to talk to you too, on my Thursday night call..... Kari