Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This post will *so* NOT have a picture!

cankles

n. 1) An aesthetically unfortunate physiological condition which leaves its victims with no discernible narrowing of the ankle between the calf and the foot. 2) An ankle which has no discernible narrowing from the calf to the foot. History: The word is derived a combination of the words calf and ankle. Victims of this condition are advised to avoid the following: ankle boots, ankle-strap shoes, anklets, ankle socks, ankle tattoos, high-top shoes, and any other footwear or legwear that might draw attention to the cankle region.


It took 37 weeks, but I am having a not so fun week of being pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I am not wishing away this pregnancy, there are still lots of wonderful things about the miracle of growing a new life inside of me and feeling this child move and all...BUT...

I have cankles now and they are sooooooooooooooo gross! I used to like my ankles and they way my feet looked in cute sandals...not so much now! Thank goodness it's not summer time! Also, I think I am getting my first pregnancy stretch mark and I am NOT happy about that at all...ick! I know, they are a "badge" of pregnancy honor, but I was really really really hoping not to get any...it's on my tummy above my belly button, at least it looks like it might be...ICK!

I am sleeping less and less (part of the new Mommy training program) and so I am more tired despite taking naps nearly every day. I start the night sleeping in bed with my awesome hubby, then get up for the first of 4 potty breaks and head to the couch. Tonite the recliner is going to be a part of the mix too...it's just hard to get comfy with this big 'ol belly hanging off the front! I just hope I can shake this feeling of ickyness. I don't want the last weeks of my pregnancy to be negative. Prayers for calm, rest and positive thoughts are more than welcome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry buddy. The last weeks are not good usually. Uncomfortable, cankles,sleepless weeks. They will go by though and you won't remember too much of it soon. Don't fret about a stretch mark either. Rub some olive oil on your tummy to keep it "pliable". I got that advice too late. I didn't have one stretch mark until the last three weeks of being preggo with Erin. My stomach spiderwebbed because she grew so much the last month. Good luck girl. -Gina

Crystal said...

Sending positive vibes your way now...