Saturday, October 4, 2008

Every woman should have a good knife & know how to use it!

I *love* this mud knife! It's my 10" sheetrock mudding knife. I have 6", 8" and 14" ones also. I had to do a little sheetrock patching tonight along the stairs that we are changing up a little as a part of the kitchen remodel. Mudding sheetrock (rock) is one of those cathartic house projects for me. (unless it's mudding a ceiling, ick! too hard on the neck!) Taking a gouge out of a wall and making it smooth as silk or bringing a new wall with all the sheetrock seams to a finished wall without any seams, bumps, or divots makes me happy. It's pretty instantly rewarding and it's obvious to all if the job was well done or not. I splurged a few years ago and bought my new mud knives - they all have padded handles and WOW do they make it easier! My old ones had wooden grips and they just didn't feel right in my hands.

No comments: