Saturday, October 11, 2008

One more decision to make (sigh...).

So now I am having issues getting the grains of oak to match between the old wood and the new wood. The body of the wood is matching ok, but not the grains...it's just too obvious of a difference. So, next I am going to try a new wood dye and after that if we are still not thrilled, we will try the other extreme--to see how light we can get the cabinets. I would love to just clear seal the cabinets, and we can with the doors, but I have to get the existing cabinets *much* lighter to make that a possibility. Fortunately, I have old doors to experiment on. I talked to my dad tonite and bot the low down on the best ways to accomplish that. Unfortunately, it involves wood stripper, which, even when using a respirator and an open room, CANNOT be used by pregnant women. Argghh! So, I will have K try it on a door (if the new dye doesn't work) and if the new "light" wood will work, I will have to see about calling in some favors and then leave the house. If you know me, you know how much this will kill me! Should be an interesting weekend of decision making...

No comments: