Monday, October 27, 2008

the kitchen project continues...

Above, only *some* of the doors and drawers for the remodel.


After about 6 hours of staining spread across 2 days all of the cabinet doors and drawers are stained! It took longer than I had expected for the stain to dry, so I was only able to get one coat of varnish on one side of the doors. I plan on doing 3 coats on each side, so hopefully, after Trick-or-Treaters leave on Friday nite we can hang the doors! I am so excited to see it start to come together. We have picked up all the new laminate flooring, and it's acclimating to the house. I think we'll start installing that this week. I have a color matching card on order for the countertop product that we'll be using. Once that arrives and we pick a color, I can order the product from Hirshfields and in 3 days it'll be in the house and I can start resurfacing the countertops to look like a stone finish! I'll post more details on the product later. If I did my math correctly (which is unlikely) it'll cost less than $200 to resurface all the countertops and island to look like stone. It will be another busy week in the kitchen! If all goes well, we'll be close to done by Sunday!

No comments: