Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Mmm, a re-found simple pleasure!


Above, Paul Potts singing for the first time on national tv in Great Britian...you'll be amazed at Simon Cowell's response at the end!

I absolutely love Paul Potts voice and the backstory to his new fame. He was a cell phone salesman in great Britian with a love for opera. He appeared in many community productions and enrolled in an opera course when he was hit by a car while riding his bike to the class. Due to his injuries he never was able to complete the class. At the urging of his wife, he tried out for Britian's Got Talent and the rest is history. He won last year and from the moment I first heard his voice I was on the quest for his CD. It's beautiful! It's a mix of opera numbers that just move me. I had been looking all over the house for it and today, I was listening to a CD in my car when I hit the wrong button on the disc changer, and the Paul Potts CD started to play! I was thrilled! It just made my day to hear that clear voice again! Hhhmmmmmmm...beware, it's dangerous to drive to. I just want to crank the sound, close my eyes and let the music take control of me...Another wonderful thing here is the growth paul has had personally. The feelings of self confidence can really change change your life.

Below, Paul singing in the finale of the show...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Nessun Dorma gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. Paul Potts singing it just makes me cry! Those Welsh have so much talent in their small country, it is hard to believe.

Here's a version of Nessun Dorma you won't believe from this year's Britain's Got Talent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O88k4i6pF1A I love Simon's comment about it being like "a dog meowing"...

This wonderful Welshman made an unfortunate song pick in the semi-finals, plus I think his nerves got the better of him, but I love this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91uauoeG64c

And I am sure I don't even have to mention Susan Boyle...