Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My first real opals!


Nope, not earrings, a belly ring*! (A good piercer will not even consider piercing a pregnant or nursing woman!!!!) I have had my belly button pierced for years, so long I can't really remember when I did it, except that it was sometime after I turned 21. Due to the expanding belly my midwife told me that I have to get rid of the metal. So, I went to my favorite piercer/tattoo shop and talked to Verno the piercing man. He truly is amazing! He has an advanced college degree in anatomy and nutrition so he really knows his stuff! He looked at the belly and the old ring and told me that it was time to switch it out to a medical grade flexible plastic tubing. So, I picked out new jewlery ends for the plastic and he switched it all out. I picked out a small white opal for the top and a slightly larger white opal for the bottom. The great thing is that these ends can be used on the regular metal ring when I am done with pregnancy! Verno also said that I need to come see him regularly so he can check on the belly ring and the belly button and switch out the plastic piece as needed or tell me if it's time for the ring to go away alltogether. And, that service is free! He really is wonderful so if you are in the market for body jewlery or a new piercing drop me a line and I can tell you how to get hold of Verno...I don't want to post a link to his web site cuz...um...let's just say some people get some very personal parts of their body pierced and there may be pics of that on the site...ahem. So, below is a picture of the 24 week pregnant belly with my new opals! (One more week and I am 6 months pregnant!)


1 comment:

Tina Vega said...

I love the full on baby belly shot, beautiful...